Sunday, August 12, 2012

Out of Mrs. C's Enchiridion

Let us recall

Evening

Here dies another day
During which I have had eyes, ears, hands
And the great world round me;
And with tomorrow begins another.
Why am I allowed two?
--Uncle Gilbert

And so I am reminded that it's much too long since I did one of these.

$$ \begin{array}{rl}
\mathrm{XXVI} &\mbox{All this crazy internet}\\
\mathrm{XXVII} &\mbox{Friends with excellent Common Sense}\\
\mathrm{XXVIII} & \mbox{Small towns just a train-ride away}\\
\mathrm{XXIX} & \mbox{The stars over cornfields}\\
\mathrm{XXX} &\mbox{Birthdays in the family}
\end{array}
$$

2 comments:

TGWWS said...

The stars. Yes oh yes ... Now that I'm a city dweller, I just don't see them any more, except when I visit home. One of those cases where the loss of a thing leads you to appreciate its value.

Belfry Bat said...

As a matter of fact, I've only ever lived in thick suburban or urban settings --- never far from streetlights, even, except for summer holidays. And while I do know what the milky way is supposed to be, I haven't often actually seen it, in person.

Post a Comment